- You realise that you might not be seeing the big picture your data is painting.
- You think that technology can help you provide insight into people and process efficiency.
Solution Design and Implementation
You have difficulty managing & interpreting your data...
- You want your data to provide you with knowledge and insight to better management and strategic decisions.
This is how we organise your data using custom information system
Some of our clients & the solutions we provided & maintain
Anglo American: Kumba Iron Ore
The relationship between Kumba and ITE started in 2007 when Kumba expressed their need for an information system to assist them in capturing and interpreting their dewatering information at the Sishen Mine in Kathu. The development process started soon afterward and the system has been growing ever since. The system has since been deployed at Kumba’s Kolomela Iron Ore mine at Postmasburg in the Northern Cape. In 2011 Kumba expressed their need for a Drill and Blasting information System to aid them in storing data about blocks blasted in the open cast mining operations. Phase one of the project was delivered in January 2013 and implementation is currently underway at Sishen.
Department of Water Affairs Limpopo
The Division Geohydrology of Department Water Affairs (DWA) started the Groundwater Resource Information Project (GRIP) in the 2002. It is focussed on the collection of borehole information, the verification and uploading thereof on a regional groundwater Information System. This system was envisaged to form the basis for the generation of products (maps, reports, etc.) derived from the assessment and interpretation of collected groundwater data. The newest version of this web application was launched in April 2013 with the purpose of making borehole information captured since 2003 available and searchable to the public. The site also boasts a wide variety of documentation relevant to the Geo-Hydrological community in South Africa and around the world.
How we work
ITE used the Agile software development approach.
In order to react more quickly and respond more accurately to our clients needs, ITE decided to use the SCRUM methodology instead of the traditional waterfall project management model.
When Jeff Sutherland created the scrum process in 1993, he borrowed the term ”scrum” from an analogy put forth in a 1986 study by Takeuchi and Nonaka, published in the Harvard Business Review. In that study, Takeuchi and Nonaka compare high-performing, cross-functional teams to the scrum formation used by Rugby teams.
Scrum is the leading agile development methodology, used by Fortune 500 companies around the world. The Scrum Alliance exists to transform the way we tackle complex projects, bringing the Scrum framework and agile principles beyond software development to the broader world of work.
Advantages of SCRUM methodology:
- React More Quickly: Scrum is a way to prioritise large to-do items into manageable chunks of work. It doesn’t matter if that work is creating a new product fulfillment tool or managing the shipping of that product. When you’re always focused on the most important thing, you are always doing the work that matters most. When things change, as they always will, you can adapt your focus to what’s important NOW.
- Respond More Accurately: Scrum is about collaborating and communicating both with the people who are doing the work and the people who need that work done. It’s about delivering often and responding to feedback–so that your clients get what they truly need whether that’s a unique website or a one-of-a-kind wedding
More about our team
We have been involved in the design and implementation of various information systems and applications. One of our most prided web based applications, is our time management system On-Track, which you can review here. Our software development department is comprised of trained Bsc.Information Technology as well as B.IS Multimedia professionals which makes the skill set combination a perfect one for interfacing web technologies with proper software design practices. Our team of professional software engineers pride themselves in designing information systems which take data as an input and provide knowledge as an output.
Solution Design & Web Design
Int AdvDip in Comp Science
Tel: 081 359 7839
Tel: 082 443 3888
BSc in Information Technology
Jean-Paul de Beer